Saturday 9 March 2013

fishing season

at last after a 10 week break the fishing season has started today, It runs from the 9th March until the 31st December.
I was up at lake St Michel near Brennilis just after 10 am this morning along with what seemed like half the local population, an exaggeration of course but there must have been a minimum of 50 people dotted around the area that I go to.

The lake has dropped in depth by about 3 feet since last summer so although it seems like we have had rain every day for months perhaps the amount wasn't as much as I thought. The upside of it is that before there was only a limited amount of places to fish from now there is a rocky beach which gives everyone a lot more choice.

I really was hoping to come back with one on the first day and I wasn't disappointed. I caught 2 rainbow trout both between 3-4lb in weight. A result and a good omen for the rest of the year.

1 comment: